Thursday, July 24, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Pedro Martinez Class Ring Insert


Sigh...
Always heartbreaking to see Pedro on a card when he is in Dodger blue. What could have been for the team if they held on to him. I still contend that that this was worse trade since I became a fan in 1981. A lot of people say it was the Piazza trade but at least we got to enjoy him for awhile and received some decent players in return. I won't even rehash the Pedro trade other than to say it was bad.

Another continuation insert set from Topps but unlike series 1 there is only one Dodger to acquire in series 2. Ramon's little brother Pedro. This card became another purchase from the hip as there was no set book amount yet and history of eBay sales were just coming around. There are two parallels for this card but I have no interest in those and I am happy and content with this base version of a future Hall of Fame inductee.

No comments:

Post a Comment