Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks : Corey Seager Base Orange Refractor Parallel (22/25) BGS Graded Mint 9.0


The journey to acquire the "rainbow" of Corey Seager Bowman Chrome rookie cards continues as I was able to acquire the most limited color up to this day. Punk ass orange.

As I've stated I want(ed) to acquire the rainbow in gem mint form but I know that might and probably won't be feasible considering the print run on some of these colors. Take for instance this orange, it has a print run of just 25 and this particular one is graded a mint 9. The assigned Beckett book value for this card is $100 so I have to chose wisely when it comes to these limited colors. Well if I can't have gem mint then I will accept mint but that is as low as it goes.

The seller of this card was in my own backyard and had it on the bay on a BIN auction but also attached a best offer option to it. The card is only .5 away from earning gem mint status so its as strong as a 9 can be without being gem mint I sent over an offer for less than what the raw cards have recently sold for on eBay to test the waters and get a feel of what the seller was thinking this card was worth to him. Didn't have to wait too long as less than a hour later he accepted the offer. You can't beat that.

If there is ever a gem mint version of this card available I will pursue it but if not I have to accept the fact that my rainbow collection will be a mixture of 9's and 9.5's and really is that all that bad? Nah. Another color down, many more to go.



22 / 25

 Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment