Sunday, September 13, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Sterling : Grant Holmes Bowman Black Autograph (#/25)


It has been a long time since I have acquire and done a post of a "card" of this nature but when I can score a deal there is no way I am going to pass it up even if there is a wait ahead for me to acquire the "real" card.

When it has come to the Topps redemption program for the most part I have had good luck of the draw. Of all the codes I have obtained and submitted I am only waiting for 3 to be fulfilled. That might seem like a lot but I have heard horror stories of people having to call Topps and negotiate a different card than the one they earned as the subject (player) never signed the cards or there were other issues that arose. Well when I saw this card pop up on a no reserve auction with a starting bid of 99 cents I promptly put it on my watch list. I already have a nice Bowman Chrome autograph of Holmes but I feel I need a couple more of his John Hancock's for my collection.

This card books for a high of $100 and a low of $40 so in my view anything less than $40 would be a score. How about less than $30? Double score. How about less than $26? Oh yeah, that's the sweet spot. In the end that is what I won it for. Though the demand for Grant's autographs are not the greatest right now this price is nothing to sneeze at. Great purchase and I couldn't be happier. Now hopefully the real card will be in hand soon enough.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment