Thursday, December 22, 2016

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number FORTY-FOUR - 2014 Topps High Tek Mike Trout Base Black and White Parallel (14/15) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2014 Topps High Tek Mike Trout Black and White Parallel (14/15)

While I am still not the biggest fan of the High Tek I am a fan of black and white parallels especially if they are as limited as this one (15 copies) and Mike Trout in general.

The one good thing about the High Tek brand is that they are plastic cards which means that most are in better condition than the traditional cards and this one seems to be just to be in great condition. I see no issues other than maybe a very slightly frayed corner but you have to squint your eyes under a loop to see it. Here's to hoping and expecting another gem mint Trout card for my collection.


I guess the "slightly" frayed corner I saw was more than a little as that sub category earned a 9 instead of the 9.5 I thought it would pull in. Thankfully though everything else checked out OK and I have another gem mint for the Trout collection.


Also with this card officially certified as a gem I completed my mini project from the 2014 High Tek set. My 3 primary players that I collect that are in this set (Kershaw, Trout and Koufax) had black and white parallels and now all 3 have gold banners. Not too shabby considering the low print run of 15 and it's always a crap shoot when you submit to Beckett.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment