Thursday, April 7, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Stadium Club : Mike Trout Base Black and White Parallel (#/17) BGS Graded Mint 9.0


No matter how long I happen to collect cards I will always come across ones that I didn't know existed prior to me "discovering" them on my online searches and this Trout is a prime example of that thinking and thankfully I found it before it "disappeared".

I love the Stadium Club brand as the photos are more crisp and you can feel the energy coming out of them. Look how happy Mr. Trout is. While I knew there was a base card in the set I didn't know there was this limited parallel. While it is not numbered it has been reported and confirmed that there are only 17 copies of these black and whites. That is a scant number for the hobby and when I was bidding on this card I looked at past sales on eBay and noticed 2 had already sold. How many more chances would I get to land this great looking card? Probably not many hence my higher than normal bid for a card that is "just" mint. I was actually pleasantly surprised I won this as I had to put my bid in earlier than I wanted to due to the fact that I would be in a meeting at auction's end. Once out of the meeting I was informed via email that my bid held up (by mere pennies) and I had won the card.

Not an investment piece by any means but this is a great looking card that I am very happy to own.


Love the silver banner look when pared with black and white photo ...
... but still would prefer gem mint gold though
=)

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment