Sunday, October 9, 2016

Card of the Day - 1958 Topps : Sandy Koufax Base BVG Graded Very Good-Excellent 4.0


1956...

No that is not what year this card hails from as it is from the 1958 set but 1956 is the last year I need a card from Koufax's playing days. My project of having a card from 1955 through 1966 is now just 1 card away from completion. I'm giddy with anticipation.

This 1958 card had been on my eBay watch list for weeks on a BIN auction with no best offer option. The price wasn't the best but it wasn't outrageous so I played the waiting game for 2 reasons. It took me a couple weeks but I accumulated enough comic codes and TPB sales to cover the cost of the card and secondly I wanted to wait till eBay ran another eBucks program special. That day came up towards the end of last quarter and I quickly snatched it up and with it I am now down to the aforementioned 1956 card to complete my Koufax project.

1956... coming to the collection...soon


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment