Sunday, October 30, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015/16 Upper Deck Trilogy : Derek Forbort Base Autograph


Yesterday I showcased my acquisition of Felix Potvin from the 2015/16 Trilogy set and while that was the main get for me from that release there was one other card I had my eye on and even though it took a little longer than I thought it would to obtain it I finally landed it for a handful of change.

My quest to pick up autograph cards of all players to wear a Kings sweater continues to pick up steam with this card's purchase. Though I despise sticker autographs I am not as stingy to them when it comes to Hockey cards compared to Baseball cards. Derek is a new player on the 2x Stanley Cup champions and of course I wanted a copy of this card for my collection. Since I do not subscribe to a Hockey price guide I go by gut feeling for all my purchases while also cross referencing past eBay sales. After a few weeks of trying to low ball a win for this card I finally had one of my high bids stick. I ended up winning this for a grand total of just $2.51. Sticker or not that is a decent deal. Now back to more baseball cards.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment