Monday, July 11, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number FORTY-THREE - 2014 Topps High Tek : Sandy Koufax Base Black and White Parallel (13/15) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2014 Topps High Tek Sandy Koufax Black and White (13/15)

Now we get to the interesting part of the batch. The next 7 are all from the High Tek brand and if you don't know they are plastic cards which minimizes corner issues. Of course even with that thinking nothing is guaranteed.

All my High Tek cards are of the numbered variety and this Koufax has the lowest print run by far with a scant 15. With minimal Sandy cards in my collection and availability in products I would really like to see the ones I do have gem from BGS. Nothing looks wrong with this card up close so I am thinking this is an easy 9.5.

I expected an easy gem on this card and for the most part it was as there was only one area that caused any problem.


In the back of my mind I thought maybe this would finally be the card that would receive a black label as I thought that it would be cool with a black and white card but it wasn't meant to be. There was 1 sub grade that earned a 10 but the other 3 came back as 9.5,9.5 and 9. While it might not be black label "unicorn" that I am still trying to acquire it is a nice gem mint being added to my growing Koufax collection.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment