Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Raw Card Review Recap Number One From Submission Batch On Saturday September 10th, 2013 (2014 Topps Tribute Clayton Kershaw Autograph Yellow Patallel)


I've done it before and I am hoping to do it again.

This Clayton autograph has already been deemed a gem by PSA but being a BGS snob I want it in a Beckett case but I need to have it be at least a 9.5. I have had done this before with a PSA card that was also graded as a 10 and Beckett agreed with them and slapped a 9.5 on it so that is what I am hoping and expecting here.

... and here we are again.

I submitted 11 cards last weekend to get raw graded by BGS and as always I will do a recap. Most times I do one for each card but there were 4 that were such a stretch that if they would have received a major bump in grade I would have died from shock so those will not be recapped (obviously they did not get the bump) but the other 7 will be and this is the first. As always I will put my original thoughts in red from the original post above the recap paragraph.

Of the 7 cards this was the only disappointment so I guess I should be happy but I'm actually irritated. This is the 1st time I have submitted a PSA 10 card that did not receive a BGS 9.5 grade. Gem mint equals gem mint right? Well previous to this card that statement was true but this one did not warrant a gold banner from Beckett said the grader. I have a very funny feeling this might have been a mis grade and I will be resubmitting it in March of 2017 when Beckett is out here again and hopefully I will get a better return.


9.0 my A....

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment