Friday, September 13, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Inception : Hyun-Jin Ryu Base Autograph . . . Techinically AKA Inception Deja Vu

Deja Vu here as I have gone and picked up another "autograph" from this year's Bowman Inception set. A couple of posts ago I discussed the acquisition of Corey Seager's redemption card and have now gone and purchased another.

I have multiple Ryu cards from this year's Bowman set but I wasn't going to pay for the autograph redemption card as it constantly has been selling for over $150 on the bay. But somewhere down the line I knew I had to get my hands on an on card autograph of our "rookie" pitcher that is having a very good year for the team in blue. I kept my eye on that first redemption card but knew it probably would never go down enough in price for me to make the plunge but the Inception set was announced and Ryu had an autograph card contained in it. The good thing about the set is that there are parallel versions of the autograph cards and I didn't really care or need one of the more rarer ones other than the blue one if I can get my hands on it for a reasonable price. I concentrated on the just the normal base card and knew I could get it but just had to wait for the right auction to pull the trigger.

I bid on quite a few auctions but kept losing out as I had my ceiling set in my mind on how much I was willing to pay as I am also going to hold out for the blue variant. Finally one day at the end of an auction I ended up the high bidder at a nice low total of just $23.50. I think that is a steal for a Ryu on card autograph. Even if the value of it goes down I won't regret the price that I paid for it. I received the redemption card and went online to redeem it and now just like the Seager card I wait patiently for Ryu to arrive. But until then I have this great looking used card to show off . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment