Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Card of the Day - 2012 Allen and Ginter : Yu Darvish Mini Framed Autograph


Been a little while but I was finally able to acquire another of the pricier autographs from the list that I have written up since my decision to liquidate my signed ball collection. Prior to that, getting Darvish's autograph here would have probably been a few years down the road.

Per the norm I would have loved to pick a Bowman Chrome autograph but that was way above the limit I was willing to spend. The other problem was that a lot of Yu's autograph cards seemed to be stickers and I wasn't going down that road. Finally settled on this fine card. A few copies have popped up on the bay but I either lost out on them or the seller was not willing to work with me as one backed out on an agreed upon price. Ass !

This copy ended up being on a traditional auction and with a last second bid I won it. Card looked great on the screen and looks even better in person. A possible BGS candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment