Sunday, November 13, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Allen Ginter : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel Red Border Variant (32/33)


It's always nice to snag a card that you never thought you would get even though the demand isn't overly high for it.

I have the 2015 Ginter red version of Trout and wanted at some point to pare it up with the 2014 version. The 2015 has a print run of 40 which was hard enough to acquire (thankfully that gemmed by Beckett) but this 2014 only has a print run of 33. Even less copies to go after. I have only seen a few on eBay and one day I happened to see a different copy going for close to $50. Even with a book value of $30-60 I felt that was too high. Upon further review of my search I saw that this was on a BIN but not in my original search location. Go figure. This card's price was more up my alley and was a no brainer to acquire. Clicked the button and had it in hand a week later.

With my 2015 version as a 9.5 I hoped that this 2014 one would be in great condition as well and it looks like it is. It is now ear marked for the grading treatment in March when Beckett is back in town.


Thirty-Two
of
Thirty-Three

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment