Wednesday, May 4, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number FOURTEEN - 2015 Topps Chrome : Mike Trout Base Blue Refractor Parallel (119/150) Now BGS Graded Mint 9.0


2015 Topps Chrome Mike Trout Blue Refractor (119/150)

Another borderline Trout chrome card but if push came to shove I think this earns a weak 9.5 instead of a strong 9.0.

Nothing is "perfect" on this card but everything looks damn good. Good enough for at least 3 subs to earn a 9.5? Or "bad" enough that there are 2 9.5's and 2 9's to give the card an overall 9.0? Obviously I am hoping for the former instead of the latter but we shall see.


Ever so close to a gem mint for this Trout blue parallel. I knew there were no real issues with it and wasn't sure it would be a strong 9 or weak 9.5 but in my eyes it is a strong 9 with one of the sub grades (edges) coming in with a 10.


This card actually came back with 2 9.5's and a 10 but still has an overall grade of "just" a 9 as centering earned a heartbreaking 8.5. I knew that was the weakest of the 4 but hoped and somewhat expected it would earn at least a 9 and if did the card would have gemmed but instead I now have a card that I will debate if I want to try to go for a bump. Probably won't as the print run (150) is higher than other colors but we shall see. 

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment