Friday, May 20, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number TWENTY-ONE - 2015 Topps Chrome : Clayton Kershaw Base Blue Refractor Parallel (39/150) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Topps Chrome Clayton Kershaw Blue Refractor (39/150)

Another borderline chrome card and this time its Kershaw's turn.

Centering while not perfect looks like it should earn a 9.5 but what gives me pause is that one of the corners looks a bit rounded. That said I have been seeing BGS graded cards on eBay lately with obvious chipping (white showing) on corners and they get a 9 on that sub grade. Using that as a measuring stick this should be a gem but you just never know what grader you get the day your card gets inspected.

Another day another colored parallel from Topps Chrome of Kershaw and I hit the grades on the head with this one.


In my original post I knew centering was not perfect but should 9.5 which it did and I had a feeling that corners would not. Guess what? That too came true as they indeed came back with a 9 but both of those coupled with another 9.5 and a 10 earned me yet another overall gem mint card for my Kershaw collection. Woo Hoo.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin 

No comments:

Post a Comment