Sunday, May 29, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Clayton Kershaw Base Black Static Refractor Parallel (22/35) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


With the pick up of this card for the first time ever I have a jersey numbered (22) card of Clayton Kershaw. While I was looking for this card that was never a need but it sure is a nice little bonus on a a limited and gem mint black beauty of the best pitcher in baseball.

I acquired the Trout version of this card months ago and it was had on a deal considering it was graded a mint 9.0 by BGS. I wanted to couple it up with a Kershaw version but with both cards with a print run of just 35 they don't pop up very often. This one though had been on eBay for months on a BIN auction with its price going up and down every week or so. Problem was it never went down enough for me so I never acquired it. Well I had enough.

One day when I ended up having more comic codes than normal I direct messaged the seller of this card and told him I have been watching it for months and wanted to see if he would sell it at a price that was more to my liking. A hour or so later he sent me a direct offer with the price I asked for so of course I clicked the button and soon after had the card in hand.


Another gem for the collection

While this post won't go live till sometime in June I assume it was acquired during the off season and there is nothing like off season transactions when the prices are at their lowest.


Twenty-Two
of
Thirty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment