Sunday, May 8, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Mike Trout Fire Die-Cut X-Fractors Parallel (24/25) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


When these cards first came out in 2014 I thought they were one of the best die cut cards I have every seen. Today that felling hasn't change and I am glad that I finally got a chance to add one to my collection.

I just like the look of the card "melting" and when this card first came out I wanted it but the demand/price was too high for my tastes. On top of that if I was going to acquire one I would want one of the numbered parallels not the base. With that I only had 3 choices, atomic, x-fractor or carbon fiber. With the fiber one only having a print run of just 10 copies I knew I would end up on either the atomic or x-fractor version. Now to find out which one I could have on a deal.


Surprisingly I saw more x-fractors in graded form than I did the atomic ones even though the print run was much smaller. To be fair there were more raw atomic cards but if I could land a graded one of either for a bargain that was the way I would go.

The seller of this card had attached a high price on it but after a few back and forth emails I stated that past sales were much lower than what he was countering with. With that he took my offer. Good man. = )


Twenty-Four
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment