Friday, September 26, 2014

Card of the Day - 2010 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Mini Frame Autograph


With two in hand I still needed to get my hands on the remaining two mini frame Kershaw autographs that exist. 2009 and 2010 are the two years that I am missing and like the other two that I already have they don't show up that often on eBay but when they do there is a lot of action on them and I only expect more as Kershaw plows down the opposition every time he takes the mound.

The 2010 is only slightly easier to find than the 2009 one or at least that is the way it seems considering how many times I've seen each on the bay.The 2010 is often on a buy it now auction with a high price attached to it as sellers are trying to maximize on Kershaw's year. Never going to bite on those but this one came up one day on a traditional auction and I zeroed in on it.

Book is still at $60 at the time of auction and this post but I am always looking for a deal and knew I wasn't going over a certain amount even though it would be no money out of pocket ( relic sales ). Last day of the auction came and there were 14 different bids on it as I put mine in with a few seconds left and then bid number 16 came in with one second left but all that did was push my winning price up a little more. I was still the winner and now own 3 of the 4 mini frame autographs of Kershaw from the Allen Ginter brand.

As per the norm I set it aside when it came in as I will be submitting it to BGS for grading. I expect a mint 9 with an outside chance of gem mint as the corners are not super sharp and one of the edges is just not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment