Sunday, September 28, 2014

Card of the Day - 2012 Bowman Sterling : Corey Seager Base Autograph Refractor Parallel ( 39 / 199 )


Corey and Julio are my favorite prospects within the Dodger organization (a feeling I am sure many others share as well) and I have been trying to get my hands on as many reasonably priced autograph cards of both before they skyrocket if and when they excel in the majors.

I already have the non refractor version of this card and it also graded out to a gem mint 9.5 from my last submission. Well, I still wanted the refractor version and also for it to be in great condition so I could submit it as well and hopefully have another gem mint of Corey.

Book value is $50 for this card with a lot of the sales closing near or over $30 and while that is a good deal I wanted better. I lost out many times as my ceiling was much lower than that but one day I put in a bid for this card and it held as at the end of the day I was the high bid and had this card in hand just a few short days later.

Not sure you can tell but it came in this screw down holder and said holder is thick, thick, thick. Looking at it in person now I can see I made a great purchase as everything looks good and at the bare minimum will grade out to a mint 9 with a good chance a gem mint 9.5. We shall see in a few short weeks.


39 of 199

No comments:

Post a Comment