Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Five Star : Yasiel Puig Base ( 75 / 75 )

The priciest Five Star Dodger has finally been acquired.

I am actually surprised I picked this up at such a great deal. Book value has this sitting at $150. I wanted it for the collection but not at that price. Even with this being one of the rarer rookie base cards of Puig that is a high price on a one year player (at the time). Nonetheless I kept my eyes open for it.

A seller put this up for sale with a $150 BIN with best offer attached. Put it on my watch list and let it sit there for a few days. Looked at it again and he dropped it to $115 BIN and again, best offer attached. Decided to send him an offer that night. He was located on the east coast so I had to wait till the morning to see if he would take the offer. Of course some one might come in and buy it at $115 but I decided to take that chance.

Woke up the next morning and received an email stating the seller accepted. Woo Hoo. What made this deal even better is that there was another auction running on a different copy of this card that ended a day later and it sold for $180. $30 over book. Glad I picked this up when I did.


Looks to be in great condition for a Five Star card


75 of 75


.

3 comments:

  1. Great card! Five Star has a nice look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does and thank you.
      Good luck tomorrow. Beat those Halloween punks

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete