Sunday, September 7, 2014

Player Appearance Signing Recap : Joc Pederson @ Frank and Sons on September 6, 2014

Yesterday I attended the Dodger's super prospect Joc Pederson's first public autograph appearance that was held at Frank and Sons. I expected a decent turn out but wasn't expecting the big crowd that did show. I, smartly, purchased my ticket 2 months ago the day after they went on sale. The first 50 were given VIP status which came in real handy as you can see from this photo.


The promoter (Honabach and Sons) did not expect this turn out as well as I was about 10th in line and he came up and told his handlers there would be no photo ops even though it was advertised. Honabach has had issues with past signings when they become too big for them to handle. If anyone remembers Kemp's in 2011 you know what I mean.

I estimate there were at least 200-250 and with Joc only signing for one hour I know not everyone would get their autograph. Again, thankfully I was in the VIP line which allowed me to jump over almost everyone. Will call is another joke but I won't get into that but again if you have attended these shows before you know what I mean.

Joc showed up on time and proceeded to sit down and sign. There are basically three big prospects in the Dodger system. They are Julio Urias, Corey Seager and Joc Pederson. I have met the other two and now Joc finishes up the tri-fecta. Maybe Joc was overwhelmed by the situation and probably didn't expect to see the sea of people but to me and the ones around me he wasn't that engaging to the fans.



Maybe it's his age (22) but I do appreciate a look in my eyes and hi back if I say hello and welcome to the club. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time. Twice is a pattern Joc so don't do it to me again. Ha Ha.

I ended up buying a photo at the show as it was better than the one I brought and ended also buying another ticket to get a black ball signed. Sadly my pen dried up just a tad when he signed the photo so it's a tad off but not too bad.


New signature by Joc as evident if you own any of his on card autographs


Handed him a ball next and thought it came out better.


All in all it was a good experience and it was nice to meet the young budding star.

Even though they need to fix their procedures, thank you to Honabach and Sons for hosting the event and I look forward to the next one.

1 comment: