Sunday, August 25, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Museum : Hanley Ramirez Game Used Memorabilia Autograph ( 6 / 50 )

Time to add an on card autograph of our current shortstop Hanley Ramirez. Due to him only being with the team less than a year there wasn't much selection from this year's sets to chose from. I was only going acquire one if the autograph is on a card that shows the him in Dodger blue. This card is a slight exception to that rule.

Topps Museum had the most options for Hanley autographs but still not a lot of them were for sale on eBay. The slight exception to my collection is that if you notice one of the swatches of jersey on the card is black. Uh... Dodgers don't wear black on any uniform so you know where this jersey comes from, his days back when he was a Marlin. There are other copies that had orange and other offensive Marlin colors but this one had just black which was acceptable as his picture still shows him in blue. So this was the card I wanted to acquire and in the end I was the high bidder on this $30 book value card for just $15 delivered to my doorstop. The black is a slight annoyance but I can look past that and welcome my first Hanley autograph card into my collection.


Marlin Jersey colors with Dodger Blue picture. 6 / 50

No comments:

Post a Comment