Thursday, March 7, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Carl Crawford ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

In honor of the news from yesterday and today that Carl Crawford might not be ( I tend to believe that he won't ) ready for opening day I wanted to post about his autograph that I acquired.

I went to Camelback last month and saw Carl a few times but was never lucky enough to get his signature but considering he will be on the team for quite awhile unless he is traded I am positive that I will get it. When I do it will replace the one I did buy last year. He was traded to the Dodgers back in August in the mega deal with the Red Sox even though he was on the disabled list after his Tommy John surgery. A good time to buy autographed items is when the player is out of commission or are doing really poorly and he fell under both those categories. His tenure in Boston can be summed up as strained and under productive with the surgery just adding the cherry on top. Went onto eBay to try to get a ball at a reasonable price and saw that Honabach and Sons were running some auctions. They tend to run their auctions at Buy It Now's but that week they were doing traditional auctions. They had a Crawford ball that was MLB authenticated with a starting bid of $20. No one bidded on the ball up til the end of the auction and with a few seconds left I put my bid in with some leeway just in case someone else tried to bid but no one did and I was the winner of the auction. For $20 I received an authenticated ball of one of the newest Dodgers with his signature on the sweet spot. Also, with Honabach always at Frank and Sons I had the shipping waived as I picked it up in person. A great deal. Now lets hope he can bring something positive to this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment