Thursday, March 28, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Matt Kemp ( Dodger Stadium 50th Anniversary w/Beastmode Inscription )

Day four and we are half way through the Matt Kemp week. Onto the specialty signed balls of Mr. Kemp.

Last year was the 50th anniversary of Dodger Stadium and the Dodgers had Rawlings produce commemorative balls the signified the anniversary. Obviously with that happening I had to get that version signed by Matt as well. I wanted something a little different on this one though. He really started to use "Beastmode" as a saying last year and thought that would be a cool inscription for a ball.

Well, asking for personalization's at the stadium when you have lots of screaming fans is kind of hard to pull off so I wasn't even going to attempt it. Saw that Frank and Sons had scheduled a signing for Matt and decided that was the way to go. Made sure to buy my ticket early so I would have VIP access and be one of the first in line. Arrived on the day and like always with Matt it was crazy with loads of people but thankfully I didn't have to worry about that. Got my ticket and got in line with a few friends and waited for Matt to arrive. Matt arrived to a chorus of MVP chants. He sat down and started signing. Got up to the table and said hello and as always he acknowledged me back. Asked him to sign it with the personalization which he did with no problem. Said thank you and went about my day. Another great item for my collection.

1 comment: