Saturday, March 30, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Matt Kemp ( 2012 All-Star Baseball )

Its Saturday and the Dodgers are one day closer to playing at Chavez Ravine for the first time this year in a game that matters. Matt Kemp will be manning center field once more and hopefully will have a monster season that leads them to the promised land of being baseball champions.

Last year Matt made the All-Star team for the second consecutive year in a row. He also was the Captain of the National League Home Run Derby. Also for the second year he sucked at it. But we need him to be great at in game home runs not derby home runs so no biggie.

Well another All-Star year, another All-Star baseball and yet another ball I need to add to my collection. Once again as these went on sale I picked one up and this time I was not going to spend any money or stand in another massive crowd at a show to acquire it. I picked a Saturday that the odds were he was going to sign as if he is doing a public signing he usually doesn't sign much at the stadium. I took my customary spot 2 hours prior to the game and watched batting practice and got a few more autographs and waited til Matt would be signing prior to the game. As per his ritual he came down the line and did his stretches and then approached his section to sign for fans. This also was the time I used my family as autograph mulls ( love you guys ) to acquire a few more autos from Matt. One was the 5x7 pic earlier discussed in the week and another that I will show off on a later date. Matt came over to where I was standing after signing for some kids and I handed him the ball with the logo part showing as I wanted him to sign there which he promptly did.

I now have a current and complete up to date collection of Matt Kemp's All-Star appearances on signed baseballs. I know it's only two so far but I am sure there will be many more including this upcoming 2013 season. Another great addition to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment