Thursday, June 1, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Autograph (Fielding) Green Refractor Parallel (1/99) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


I guess I'm doing this. What you might ask? Why just another autograph rainbow of the Dodgers young superstar Corey Seager that's what.

I already picked up the 2 blues and have 1 gold in hand and know that I will be landing the other gold shortly so other than the insane to acquire orange and red parallels the only other color to hunt down are the 2 greens. Well here is the first (fielding) with the second (batting) hopefully to be acquired at some point in the near future.

Why Topps (Bowman) decided to make 2 different variations other than to drive collectors like myself crazy I don't understand. Money I'm sure though is the main reason. The green parallels are only numbered out of 99 but they do not get as much as love as the blues for some reason which are numbered out of 150. The blues tend to sell for more than the greens or at least from what I have seen and this time was no different. Even with this being numbered number 1 (which some people put a premium on, I am not one of those btw) the traffic for this while a lot was pedestrian in the cost as it was nickeled and dimed up and not driven up in big numbers. Wasn't sure I was going to a player in it till the last 10 minutes of the auction had the price still under my cap and surprisingly I snagged it for well under my hard line amount.

So now to find the batting version of this and I will have quite a collection of these Bowman Chromes considering I had zero of them going into the 2016 off season.



Numero Uno
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment