Saturday, June 24, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Transcendent : Clayton Kershaw Framed Autograph (7/52) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


It took a lot longer than I thought it would and also believed I lost my chance at this card but after weeks of waiting and wondering I snagged this when the seller finally met my price and surprised that it was there for the taking.

This beautiful framed autograph (love metal framed cards) of the Dodger great was on eBay for a long while with a high asking price which I had no intention of ever touching. I checked past sales and came up with an amount I would be happy with if it ever got to that point. Days went by which turned into weeks and every so often the seller lowered his price (he had no best offer option) and when he was finally about $70 from my price I contacted him about letting it go at my price. He politely declined but said just keep checking back to see how low it would go. He stated he was motivated to move it but just not yet at my offer price.


More days passed and then each day he lowered it $10 here, $5 there and when I went to bed 1 Friday it was only $20 from my price. I woke up Saturday morning and saw his new selling price was a couple dollars lower than my offer. Woo hoo. I snagged it and now own 1 of 3 autographs (Seager and Trout being the others) that I would love to own from this high end Topps brand. Of course it being in a BGS was a main selling point as well as I don't have to worry about this card not gemming.


Seven
of
Fifty-Two


A perfect 10

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment: