Friday, June 16, 2017

March 2017 BGS Submission Result Number FORTY-TWO of FORTY-TWO - 2016 Topps Corey Seager Base Clear/Acetate Parallel (6/10) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


The final entry of my most recent batch sent to Beckett for grading and the new non autograph crown jewel of my Corey Seager rookie card collection.

I snagged this during the 2016 off season when no one was really looking for baseball cards so it was a steal in my opinion as the price kept going down as there was no interest in it. Being numbered out of just 10 copies this trumps the framed one (16 copies) that I had at one point that also gemmed and I sold for twice as much as I "paid" for it. To this day I have never seen another framed parallel as I have wanted to pick one up once again again. Well with this one I no longer need that one as this is more rare. I knew the grade going in and when I submitted it to BGS for a raw review I half way expected this to receive a 10 but it did not so I was a little disappointed. Now with this in hand I know the sub grades and it "barely" gemmed as there was a 9 (surfaces) but it also did earn 2 10's so I guess this is a strong 9.5 in some way.

I have no intention of parting with this but I am curious of its value now and if Corey continues to have a good season I might throw it up on eBay at a obscene buy it now price but see what I get offered.

42 cards and almost no complaints. Already working on the next batch which is up to 18 cards.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment