Monday, June 19, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Autograph (Fielding) Gold Refractor Parallel (21/50) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


What an off season for me when it came to Bowman Chrome autographs of Corey Seager. What is even more surprisingly was that going into this was not a project I was planning to do at the time but I am glad I did it and with a little luck on my side I had a great haul. This post won't go live till May or June but I acquired the card in the waning days of March.

When I picked up the other Gold (batting) back in the end of December I knew I would want to pare it up with this fielding version at some point but as well know Gold is king in the hobby and with only 50 copies I had no idea when I would be able to snag one. Also knowing as the years go by this card could get out of my price range no matter how many comics I sell to cover the cost so I made it a priority to pick up sooner rather than later.

This card was on a BIN auction for a long time but one day the seller decided to go the ole traditional auction route and made it a 1 day special. Let the fun begin. This I only had a 24 hour "notice" for this card I had no funds to acquire it but I had enough cards and comics I could sell to cover it so I gave myself a cap. A long day of auction watching and after 23 bids I came out on top. Hot damn. I now have the 2 blues, 1 green and both golds. Now I just need to get that last green and I complete one hell of a project.



Twenty-One
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment