Saturday, December 6, 2014

BGS Submission Update Ten - 2014 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Mini Frame Autograph Now Graded and Slabbed a Gem Mint 9.5


Original Submission Post
Beckett Book Value : $150

We come to the last of three annoying BGS gem mint grades and dammit if it isn't one of the Kershaw cards.

I submitted 3 different Allen Ginter Kershaw cards and this was the most disappointing one. I knew going in that I might not like the return grade but there was no way I wasn't going to submit it. The condition of the card looked great and even though I have had issues with my A&G submissions in the past I was confident that this would come back to me with a gem mint grade. I was rewarded with that confidence as it did indeed earn an overall gem mint grade. Now the autograph grade.

ARGH !!!

That damn 9 showed up again. I know why it happened but I just hate BGS's thinking when it comes to this issue. I might not like it but I can understand and accept a streaky autograph but if said autograph is perfect but just happens to go to the edge of the card why must it be docked? There is nothing I can do about it but live with it but at the end of the day I don't think it should be a strike against an otherwise perfect card. Nonetheless I add yet another gem mint autograph card of Kershaw to the collection so it can't be all that bad.
= )


Hey, look at that spiffy gem mint grade


Hey look at the irritating autograph grade

No comments:

Post a Comment