Wednesday, May 11, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number SEVENTEEN - 2014 Bowman Draft : Corey Seager Base Chrome Blue Refractor Parallel (32/399) Now BGS Graded Mint 9.0


2014 Bowman Draft Corey Seager Blue Chrome Refractor (32/399)

... and the second colored parallel of Corey. Unlike the black version I believe the centering is better on this blue one but I still think they both earn a silver banner of 9.0. That said if either one would earn a 9.5 I think this one is more likely as the corners look much sharper than the black so maybe it squeaks into the 9.5 club. 

As expected this card has returned to me with a silver mint 9.0 banner and though I was right I was also wrong at the same time.


While I knew the odds of a gem mint return were remote I thought the corners would be the biggest issue and while they did come back as a 9.0 it was the centering that took the biggest hit on this card card as it came back as an 8.5. I didn't think it was that bad but I guess BGS did. The card still has 2 9.5 sub grades and if it came back as a gem then that would have been a bonus but in its current grade I am more than satisfied.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment