Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Card of the Day - 2011 Bowman Draft : Mike Trout Base Chrome BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


As the off season comes (came) to a close I finally picked up the base card of Mike Trout from the 2011 Bowman Draft set. Funny how I can acquire the harder ones prior to the so called easier ones but I think when it comes to those I expect a better bargain than the more limited ones. With that said I had to go across the pond to pick up this copy as it originated from Taiwan.

Finally with this card in house I have the blue parallel, the base refractor parallel and only need the purple refractor to "complete" my rainbow for this set. I will "never" really have the full rainbow as the colors gold (50 copies) and orange (25 copies) are too rare for me to win at any type of discount. Hopefully I can locate a purple one at a reasonable in the coming weeks before they skyrocket in value as I suspect they will once the season starts.

With more and more eBay wins from sellers located in Asia I wish more of the cards I am looking for would be from that area of the world as I continue to strike gold money wise over there. I won this on a traditional auction for $10 less than what they were going for here in the USA. I am a patient enough man that I can wait an extra 2 weeks for a card when I can pocket some lunch money.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment