Thursday, May 12, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Museum : Clayton Kershaw Archival Autograph (55/99) BGS Graded Mint 9.0


With this year's release right around the corner (at the time of this write up) I was finally able to land an acceptable copy of Kershaw's Archival autograph from last year's set. I say acceptable as I owned a different copy of this same card but once it came back from BGS with an 8.5 attached to it I cracked it open and resold it as I can only have 9's in my collection when it comes to Clayton autographs.

This card sat on eBay for a good month on a BIN auction with the asking price in the triple digits which I was not going to have anything to do with. No best offer was available so I just let it sit on my watch list as I wanted to see what it would eventually go for as I knew that it would never sell for what the seller was asking for.


Finally the seller made some adjustments to his auction. He lowered the price by $25 but I still wasn't interested. Then a few days later he lowered it again and also added a best offer option. Now it had my attention and I sent over an offer which he quickly declined. The seller paid hard ball for a few days as we went back and forth but finally we settled on a reasonable price to both our liking. With that I added yet another Clayton Kershaw autograph to the collection.

The question now is will I hit my 2016 goal of 40 Kershaw autographs for my collection or possibly be closer to 50? I think I will unless I get overly picky.


Fifty-Five
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment