Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Clayon Kershaw ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

The day after Opening Day. I wasn't planning to do a post today and for sure wasn't going to do one of only two single signed Kershaw autographs that I own but after yesterday I have been pressed to talk about them.

So for today I will go with my typical single signed baseball. Back in 2008 Clayton was pushing his way to the big leagues with his dominant starts in high school and the minor leagues. His nickname in the blogging world at the the time was "The Minotaur" due to the fact that his was the mythical creature that everyone hears about but has never seen. I was at work one day and early in May my friend came in and said do you want to go to a game on the 24th which happened to be a weekend game but a day game. The wife does not like to go to those as the sun can be unbearing which I totally agree with. Wasn't sure if I was going to go even though they were great seats. A couple days before the game it was announced that Clayton would be making his major league debut that day. No way was I going to miss that. The Cardinals were in town so that meant Kershaw vs. Pujols. The game ended well for the Dodgers as they won in extra innings and Clayton went a strong 6 innings for the no decision. So I have now attended his first game ever and his first home run ever. Hope I am there when he achieves his first no hitter ever.

So having been at that game and me in my collecting mode I went about to acquire a signed ball by Clayton. EBay was obviously the choice for me to find it. Prices were understandable high at the time but I was lucky to find a MLB authenticated sweet spot ball with a low starting bid. I ended up winning the auction in early June for a tad over $52 delivered. Not too bad of an end price. Now if I would have bought this same ball in early May I could have had it for $30ish. I snoozed so I missed out on that. But I do have a Kershaw signed ball in my collection and I couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

  1. TY. At least this hasn't "evaporated" over the years. Wait for Thursday entry on one that has. But I made it better

    ReplyDelete