Thursday, April 11, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Kirk Gibson ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

Since I showed off Jesse's autograph yesterday I thought I would finally display my Kirk Gibson one as they will be forever intertwined due to the prank that Jesse did to Kirk in Spring Training.

I have never been fortunate enough to acquire Kirk's autograph in person since he is the Arizona Diamondback's manager and is only out here in L.A. 9 times a year and even then he is in no hurry to accommodate Dodger fans. There are still reports that he has some major issues with the organization and it took some major arm twisting last year to have his likeness appear on a bobble head for last year's 50th anniversary celebration

The couple of times I have seen him at the stadium signing I have walked up to him and he always states that he is only signing for kids that day. He might sign at other times for adults but never the days I am around. I've always wanted his signature on a ball and til that time I can get it in person I go to my plan B which is eBay.

I bought this ball a few years ago and when I took the pictures for my collection I noticed it has toned a little which even though you know it will happen it still irks you when it does. I don't remember the exact price that I paid but I do know it was less than $50. So for that amount I got a PSA signed baseball of a Dodger Legend and two time world series champion. In hindsight I think I might have overpaid a little but you can't have a Dodger collection without a Kirk Gibson autograph. So til the day I can get a snow white version in person I will enjoy this autograph from the man that has probably the greatest home run in Dodger history.

No comments:

Post a Comment