Saturday, February 11, 2017

Card of the Day - 2008 Topps Update : Clayton Kershaw Base RCR Graded Gem Mint 9.5


You would think as a Kershaw collector I would have already  had this card in my collection but that has not been the case as something else was always more pressing to acquire and if I was to have this card I wanted it in BGS 9.5 form. Well this is as close as I could get at this time but I am more than happy with it.

This is the simple and base Clayton Kershaw rookie card from the 2008 Topps Update set but due to him excelling on the field the value keeps going up and while I could have picked up a raw version many times over by now I wanted it encased. 2 years running and I could not land one at a reasonable price but with the off season now here I was able to land this RCR version of it with that needed 9.5 attached to it. As per the norm people seem to steer away from these as they would still have to send it into BGS to get it into a hard case but when I can pick this up for $30 less than an encased one then it becomes a no brainer for me.

Don't care about the sub grades as all I know and need to know is that when I send this to Dallas in March it will come back with a gold banner above it.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment