Saturday, February 18, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Five Star : Julio Urias Base Autograph Gold Parallel (24/50)


When I send in redemptions to Topps it seems to always take a long time to receive the actual card (way over a year) or super fast like this Urias card which was fulfilled 2 days after I entered the code in their system.

Five Star continues to be one of my favorite releases of the year and the 2016 version is no different. Kind of funny that all the cards I will be chasing in this set are in redemption form. Thankfully this one and the Scully (looked it up and its on its way) have had quick turn arounds from Topps to me. Considering this is a thick card and they are always subject to dinging of the corners I was pleasantly surprised that this one looks pretty clean to me. The centering is a tad off as well but this still might sneak in with a 9.5 attached to it when I send it in to Beckett for grading. Either way this is a beautiful card and thank you Julio for promptly signing for us fans. It is appreciated.


Twenty-Four
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment