Monday, February 20, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps High Tek : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Gold Rainbow Parallel (35/50)


I have Gold in my past.
I have Gold here in the present.
I see Gold in my future.

It's the beginning of December as I write this post up and the new Topps High Tek set was just released and even though this was not my 1st acquisition from the set it is the 1st to reach me and what a fine way to start what I expect and hope are gem mint condition cards from this year's set. For those that don't know the High Tek brand are acetate/plastic so condition issues are usually a minimum. I have only had 1 High Tek ever come back as a non gem mint from BGS and that one barely missed a gold banner by .5 of a point.

With this being a gold parallel I expect and hope that it will be partnered up with a gold banner when I send it to Dallas for encasing. This happened to be the 2nd Gold copy that I saw on eBay and I feel I snagged it for a reasonable price considering there was no pricing at the time of sale. Another Kershaw autograph for my road to 100 Kershaw autographs. For the record I am nearing 70 as of this post and hope to be at or near 85 by the end of 2017.


Thirty-Five
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment: