Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Update : Julio Chrome Base Chrome Gold Parallel (38/50)


Gold is King and Urias looks to take the pitching crown at some point in the future and I believe this rookie card will be a key piece to anyone's collection.

Gold parallels always have a low print run and this one is no different with only 50 copies in existence. I have not had the best luck in 2016 products condition wise when it has come to Julio cards and this one is no different but unlike others I am holding my breath that this might still squeek by with a 9.5 from BGS.

What makes these different though is that they were not available in regular packs but instead in holiday mega boxes that were sold through only a couple of retail stores. I knew sooner or later they would pop up on eBay and that they did and this happened to be the 2nd one to be sold on the auction site. Unlike the 1st though this was on a BIN auction with opitional best offer attached to it. After a couple of days of back and forth the buyer and I came to an agreement and I had my gold rookie of the young phenom. I might end up picking up another copy to hedge my bets on a gold return from Beckett but till then this is a fine addition to my restarted Julio collection.


Thirty-Eight
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment