Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Five Star : Dave Stewart Base Autograph (276/386)


Another reacquired autograph has made it back into my collection. This time it is of former Dodger and obviously A's pitcher and the new GM of the Diamondbacks, Dave Stewart.

I meet Dave way back when I first met Matt Kemp at a public signing. It was either 2006 or 2007. He was in the background as Matt was doing the signing but a few us recognized Dave and asked if he wouldn't mind a picture with us and/or an autograph. He obliged us all on both requests. I obviously got him on a ball as that was what my autograph collection was all about back then but I sold that during the ball purge. I meant to get his autograph again at some point but it was never a priority. Now that he is moving on from being a player agent to a GM of a team I knew the odds of me meeting up once again were diminishing.

One day his name popped up in my brain and I thought let me see what is on the bay that might interest me. Not much in the way of him in Dodger blue and what was out there were shoddy autographs. Well I went to my 2nd favorite brand to see if he had an autograph in it. Yup, he was in the 2013 release of Five Star and I did not expect there to be much traffic on his cards as he isn't really in demand. Found this particular copy with a starting price of a penny. A week later I won it for a little over $6 delivered to me. Nice price on a great looking card. Welcome back Dave.


276 of 386

No comments:

Post a Comment