Saturday, February 28, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome Draft : Julio Urias Base Black Refractor Parallel (24/75)


The more and more I read about and see this young mild mannered kid pitch in person the more I think he will be a front of the line rotation piece in the majors. Might not be like Kershaw, and who is really?, but I think he will perform very well. I have been sort of "hoarding" Urias's cards and have had great luck with Bowman and this one is no different.

I have bought raw blue and black parallels from this year's Bowman Chrome brand and submitted them to BGS and they returned as gem mint 9.5's. When this card reached my doorstop I see no reason why this one won't do the same with also the possibility of a pristine 10 as I see no flaws. Of course that is wishful thinking as I have only earned one of those in all my time collecting.

At purchase time this card had just been released so the purchase price had to be something I was going to be comfortable with. At the end of the day it was lower than the black and blue ones I already had of his so I consider that a win. Card now sits in the growing pile of cards to get submitted to BGS. May it come back gem mint and fingers crossed for a pristine grade.


24 / 75

Have a blessed day and thank you for reading.

- Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment