Sunday, February 22, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Chrome : Mike Trout Base Blue Refractor Parallel (50/199)


Another one of those irritating pursuits is at last done as I finally acquired the blue parallel of Trout from the 2014 Topps Chrome set.

Though not overly rare (199 copies) it has been a struggle to get my hands on one of them. Beckett still has this valued at $20 so at best my ceiling for the card was $10. Auction after auction I would lose out as it continuously sold for over $11 and at times finished in the $14 range. There is/was one on the bay at a BIN for $18 but I wasn't going that route. Yet another chance came around when this one went up for sale on eBay and yet again I had my set ceiling (and at time of purchase it was lower than previous auctions) so off to the races I went once again.

Unlike the other auctions there was less action on this one so on the last day the high bid sat around the $5 mark. Crossed my fingers and placed my bid and at the end of the day I came out the winner in the single digits. Finally picked up my blue copy and at a deal at the same time. Now onto the black parallel


50
of
199

No comments:

Post a Comment