Sunday, March 1, 2015

March Memories


The calendar page flips from the month of love to the month of Spring Training with actual baseball games being played.... but before that the most important event happens on the first day of the new month.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beautiful young wife. The world was blessed with her birth on March 1st from a year in the past and as this post goes live we will be in the Coachella Valley (near Palm Springs) in California recuperating from the previous days of live music (Slightly Stoopid, Fishbone, et al) and wine tasting. A great mixture. Today we will be taking in the sights as I will be her photo model as she busts out her camera and does her thing. Yeah, I'll try not to break the camera. Again, happy birthday love and here's to us having a great day on your special day. I am blessed to have you in my life.


I have been to Camelback Ranch three separate years (might be four, lost count) yet I still have yet to attend an actual spring training game. This year was no different as games start this week but I was there on the weekend of February 20-22 for autographs. One of these years I will have to actually go to a game. Maybe next year with some Twitter/Blogger buddies. With that said once those games start in a couple days the countdown to official games gets smaller and smaller as Opening Day will be just a little over a month away. The crack of the bat, the smell of grass and the sound of the crowd is finally back after a long 4+ months in hibernation. Baseball is officially back and I am pumped for the new season. Only thing better than March baseball is April baseball but till then this month will bring back my baseball smile. Go Blue !!!


January and February saw the wife and I watch most of the Oscar nominated films and now that we are in March there is basically only one flick that is on the docket to watch. I know this is a "young adult" movie but after reading the books (since my niece read them and said she wanted to watch the movies) which were better than expected I now have to watch all of the movies. Insurgent is the second of three books in the series and in my opinion the best of the 3 and hopefully the movie does it justice. I also hope the makers of the franchise do not go the route of splitting the 3rd book into two movies. It waters down the material in my eyes.

Other than the celebration of the wife's birthday and the daily updates on the upcoming baseball season the rest of the month there isn't much planned out so it will be a day to day thing and I am okay with that. At the conclusion of this month will be a quarter of the way done with the year. Life seems to move at a faster pace as you get older. Sheesh.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.
-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment