Wednesday, July 13, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number FORTY-FOUR - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Mike Trout Base Gold Parallel (20/50) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2014 Bowman Chrome Mike Trout Gold Refractor (20/50)

If this gold Trout earns a gold banner not only will it look really nice since its a gold card coupled with a gold banner but it will be a major coup price wise as I picked this up basically on a fluke as I think people forgot to bid,

While other chromes in this batch have been having centering problems this one does not look to be affected by that problem. The issue with this one is that there is slight fraying on the back side of the card. Expecting an 8.5 on that sub grade but if somehow it can pick up a 9 then I think the overall grade is a gem mint. 

Well my hoping for a gem mint based on one sub grade squeaking in with a 9 did in fact come true just not the sub that I expected but in the end it doesn't matter as this card is now color coordinated with a gold banner.


I expected a corner on the back side to hopefully sneak by with a 9 but it received a 9.5 as it was centering which I expected no issues to arise to actually come in with a 9. While I knew it wasn't 50/50 I still thought it was more 9.5 than 9 but even with that lesser than expected grade this card now is a bona fide steal as I picked it up in raw form from an under bid auction and have turned it into a gem mint. Nice...


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment