Sunday, July 10, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Now : Clayton Kershaw May 17, 2016 (#/421)


... and so I start another set to collect but one that I don't know how many will be in it or how long it will run. Topps has introduced a new online exclusive card brand called "Topps Now". They produce card(s) each day showcasing a big highlight from the day prior in baseball. That means in theory you could have a card made everyday of your favorite player if he is lighting it up on the field.

There is no stated print run the day of the card's release as Topps will produce as many that are ordered within their 24 hour time limit. At present there is a Colon card that has a print run of 8826 and a Gattis with 212. As you can see there is a wide range. Surprisingly this Kershaw is on the low end of the spectrum with a stated run of only 421. They are not numbered but knowing there is a small number is still kind of cool.

With only 3 current players I collect I think I can end up getting all of these as I have found a trusted eBay seller that buys them everyday and resells them on the bay and he and I have agreed on a fair price for each one no matter the player or print run.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment