Monday, July 25, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number FORTY-NINE - 2016 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (55/67) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2016 Topps Heritage Clayton Kershaw Black Chrome Refractor (55/67)

Another Kershaw card that sadly falls into the borderline pile of 9.0 or 9.5 when it comes to what grade BGS will give this.

Last year I bought my one and only Heritage black of Clayton and sent it to BGS and it came back with a nice gold banner across the top of the slab. While I was confident that card would earn a 9.5 I am not that sure on this one. Centering, surface and edges look to be good to me but there is a corner flaw on the backside of the card. While I hope it can hold to a 9 past history lends to the fact it might receive an 8.5 on that sub grade. We shall see if I will be hunting for another copy in the future to get a 9.5 but hopefully it won't come to that.

A sigh of relief could be heard coming from me when I learned of this card's grade as I now no longer have the thought that I might have to go find another copy to insure I have a gem mint in my collection.


The 3 sub grades that I thought would have no issues indeed had none with even surfaces earning a 10. The 1 issue I thought might arise did to a point. A corner on the backside gave me pause but in the end it wasn't bad enough in Beckett's eyes as it earned a 9 and in turn the card earned an overall gem mint 9.5 grade. The black chromes from Heritage are always a popular parallel and I didn't want to have to find another one and now I officially can say I won't have to.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment