Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Five Star : Adrian Gonzalez Base ( 11 / 75 )

I have been concentrating on acquiring all the autographs that I wanted from this high end set from last year and I totally forgot to get my hands on the base set. Oops.

Even though there is a "base" set they are still numbered to only 75. I am now trying to catch up before these are all sold. This is the second one I purchased but the first to arrive.

Book has this card at $15 which unless its an autograph card of Adrian I think is too much for any "base" card of his even if it is numbered and limited. Thankfully this seller had a best offer option attached to his $13 asking price. I noticed there were no watchers and it had been on the bay for well over a month so I thought I would throw him a low ball offer and see what response I would get back. To my surprise he took it and I had this card in hand promptly a couple days later.

Thankfully there are only five ( Gonzalez, Kemp, Kershaw, Koufax and Puig ) that I need to worry about. Let the fun commence.



11 of 75

No comments:

Post a Comment