Monday, September 29, 2014

BGS Submission Update Eleven - 2009 Topps 206 : Clayton Kershaw Mini Frame Autograph Now Graded and Slabbed a Gem Mint 9.5


Original Submission Post
Beckett Book Value : $ 60

What do I know?
As seen in my original post I had this card at the bottom of the pile. Even though I expected all the cards to grade out to at least mint (they did not) I knew that all could not grade out to gem mint.

I believed this card to be a tad off centered but BGS did not agree with me and gave it a 10 and said it was perfect. I thought the corners were not sharp enough to garner anything more than a 9. Once again BGS disagreed and gave them a 9.5 as well. Well surely the edges couldn't be perfect right? They weren't but still they were worthy of a 9.5. To top it off the surfaces also received a 9.5 to go along with a perfect 10 autograph.

A card that I thought would have some trouble holding a mint grade instead comes out with nothing less than a gem mint on all the sub grades. I guessed right on most of the cards but I was totally off on this one and I couldn't be happier. This card's value definitely shot up with it's new gem mint status.






No comments:

Post a Comment