Monday, September 15, 2014

BGS Submission Update Four - 2013 Topps Five Star : Miguel Cabrera Base Rainbow Parallel Autograph ( 19 / 25 ) Now Graded and Slabbed a Mint 9


Original Submission Post
Beckett Book Value : $150

I guess this card could qualify as the biggest disappointment of the batch considering I had it as a lock for gem mint and I had it second on my original post. Having Kershaw's card come back as NM made sure this wasn't the biggest and the corners of the 5 star brand has always been an issue and I suspected that if any sub grade was going to give me a problem it would have been that one. I just didn't think it was going to be that big of a problem.

Surface actually earned a 10 while edges and centering received 9.5. Autograph as expected was a 10 as well. All I needed was the corners to get a measly 9 and gem mint would be mine. Beckett said no and gave the corners a 8.5 which dragged the overall to "just" a mint 9. I was so sure this was gem mint but it is one strong 9 instead.

Well we are 4 cards in with 9 more remaining and I can thankfully say there are no more "disappointments" left.



Only .5 from a gem mint. UGH !!!



2 comments:

  1. without doing any searching of your blog, im going to ask if you've ever done a writeup on your process of sending a card off to be graded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never have but that would be a good post to do.
      Ill write one up and squeeze it in within the next week when all the other submissions are being posted.

      Delete