Tuesday, September 9, 2014

BGS Submission Update One - 2012 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Mini Frame Autograph Now Graded and Slabbed a Near Mint 8.5

And...here...we...go

I recently submitted 13 cards to BGS for grading and the results are in. Out of all the cards there were really only 4 disappointments but thankfully they were overshadowed by plenty of surprises and gem mints. So every other day for the next 26 days I will show off the results and my feelings on each card. I will also link my original post for reference if anyone cares to see what I originally thought. And just to add a little more I will post the current Beckett book value of each card. So with all that said lets start off with the best pitcher in baseball...


Original Submission Post
Becket Book Value : $60

9.5
9.5
9.5
10

Man with those grades I should be ecstatic. At least you would think that right?
With 5 Kershaw cards in the batch odds were that one would be near the bottom of the pile but I didn't think it would be this one and especially with these grades.

I knew going in that the centering wasn't the greatest but an 8? Really? With that grade it drags the whole card down to a NM grade of 8.5 even with 3 9.5's and a 10 on the autograph. I wanted all my Kershaw autographs to at least grade out to a mint 9 but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Still, this is a great looking card and even with the low ball grade I still think it is a beauty.



9.5 3x and still only a 8.5 overall...
Sigh




No comments:

Post a Comment