Monday, November 24, 2014

BGS Submission Update Four - 2014 Bowman : Julio Urias Black Collection Autograph (25/25) Now Graded and Slabbed a Near Mint 8.5


Original Submission Post
Beckett Book Value : $100

Well we come to the fourth and last card from this batch that came back with an 8.5 overall grade and the only reason this isn't the most disappointing is that Julio is not Kershaw and Puig's card had a frayed corner so his grade was expected. On top of all that this card is from the Black collection which has notorious history with issues.

Thick card
Black card

All that comes into effect when it got submitted for grading and this one came back with an 8 on corners. Yikes. I knew it would be an issue but didn't think it was that bad. When I won this card I wanted this to be my crown jewel of Urias cards and sadly it can and will not be.

This like the Puig card will be up for sale on eBay shortly. I will be cracking it open and selling it as a "raw" card and with the combined sales of Puig and this card I will be able to acquire at least one and possibly two autographs that I have my eye on. I might try my luck once again and try to reacquire this card from an eBay auction but for the time being I will be content with my other Urias autographs in my collection.


Looks great in a BGS case . . .


. . . just not with an 8.5 attached to it


2 comments:

  1. The Bowman Blacks are beautiful cards. I haven't had much luck obtaining any recently because of the price. You are right about the condition. I posted a Bowman Victory Tyler Glasnow and it would probably grade out the same way. Hard to keep the corners clean on the ultra thick cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I got kind of spoiled on my 5 stars coming back gem mint to begin with and then the last batch were 9's but this card and the 5 star Puig annoyed me. But like u said these are beautiful.

      Delete